Long known and respected for its chocolates, Belgium produces as many distinct types of cheese as does France. Many of its 300+ varieties are made in very small quantities and are not exported out of the country. The examples we do get, however, are quite impressive. This unique assortment includes four of our favorites:
Please note that any item temporarily out of stock will be substituted with a similar item of equal value.
- Chimay Trappiste with Beer: Made by the trappist monks of Scourmont, this semi-hard pressed cow's milk cheese is washed in Chimay Ale and matured for six weeks. Its creaminess and fine taste of good, fresh, creamy milk give it all its flavor. (7.5 oz)
- Brugge Rodenbach: A delicious Belgian cheese ripened in Belgian Rodenbach beer. Made with pasteurized cow's milk of the highest quality, this smooth cheese is delicious sliced and served on a dark, nutty bread; shaved over vegetables; or as part of a cheese board. (7.5 oz)
- Chimay Vieux: A semi-hard cow's milk cheese, Chimay Vieux impressed us as a sure hit the first time we tasted it. We love its delicious flavor, firm texture, and sweet bouquet and find it to have universal appeal. You will feel comfortable serving this cheese to anyone, as it will not offend those with basic tastes, yet will still wow the connoisseurs with its soft, toasty finish. (7.5 oz)
- Oud Brugge: This cheese is Belgium's interpretation of a fine aged Gouda. Nutty, creamy and delicious, it is best served with a robust beer or ale. (7.5 oz)
- igourmet.com Signature Cheese Serving Knife: Specifically crafted for us at igourmet.com, this multi-function cheese knife is the perfect tool to easily slice uniform servings of your favorite cheeses.
- Carr's Water Crackers: Perfect for serving with cheeses, fruit, and spreads when entertaining. (2.2 oz)
- Gift Presentation: Hand assembled in a our signature chocolate colored gift box, finished with an elegant matching ribbon.