igourmet.com is saluting blue cheese by offering this International Blue Cheese Assortment, containing four of the world's greatest blue cheeses. For creating blue cheese in the first place, we owe thanks to a micro-organism named penicillium roqueforti. This microscopic spore attaches itself to a young cheese and spreads blue mold throughout as the cheese matures.
Please note that any item temporarily out of stock will be substituted with a similar item of equal value.
- Fourme d'Ambert: Fourme d'Ambert is cave-aged for a minimum of two months, made from raw cow's milk and has a tremendous, creamy, full-bodied flavor. (8 oz)
- Mountain Gorgonzola: Another ancient blue, this one hails from northern Italy. It has a firm yet springy texture and a mellow bite that melts in your mouth. (8 oz)
- Paladin Bavarian Blue: This tangy, crumbly blue cheese is produced in Bavaria's Alpine countryside. German cheesemakers have spent centuries taming the inherent sharpness of the original blue-veined cheeses, passing their time-tested methods down from generation to generation. (8 oz)
- Royal Blue Stilton: This special Stilton, still produced in Leicestershire, is full, rich and creamy. Its shocking blue veins radiate outward from a natural, crinkly brown crust, revealing layers and folds of honeyed, cheddary flavor. (8 oz)
- igourmet.com Signature Cheese Serving Knife: Specifically crafted for us at igourmet.com, this multi-function cheese knife is the perfect tool to easily slice uniform servings of your favorite cheeses.
- Mini Toasts: Perfect for elegant canapés and delicious snacks, you will love these little toasts from Holland. (2.75 oz)
- Gift Presentation: Hand assembled in our signature chocolate colored gift box finished with an elegant matching ribbon.