CaJohns Fiery Foods got its start in 1996. John Hard, a Fire Protection Engineer by trade, had a passion for hot & spicy food. Lit by many trips to the Gulf Coast and Southwest to work on various fire protection projects, he became enamored with the local cuisine. Sue, his wife, was raised on the Mississippi Coast, and frequent visits to her parents' led to many treks to New Orleans some 60 miles to the west. Here, John could load up on all the ingredients he needed to satisfy his hot & spicy tastes.
The whole family is now involved in this specialty food business. All-natural and preservative-free, carefully prepared in small batches, and monitored to insure a high level of quality and a consistent taste. Only the finest of ingredients are used in these products. In fact, CaJohn processes fresh chiles every fall to use exclusively in his products. He refuses to use commercial pepper mash loaded with salt. This is only one of the reasons CaJohns products have fared very well in national competition, garnering over 200 international, national, and regional awards. CaJohn guarantees customer satisfaction with all of his products. Taste the CaJohns Difference!Choose from the following flavors:
Varieties Sold Separately.
- Picante Sauce - Mild: Cajohn's famous salsa with all with all flavor and no heat. This salsa is a garlic lover's dream come true.
- Picante Sauce - Hot: Red Savina habaneros join orange habaneros and jalpeños in their medium heat recipe.
- Picante Sauce - X-Tra Hot: CaJohns doubles the habanero in their hot picante sauce with all the heat you can handle!
- Salsa Stoopid: WARNING!!! The name says it all, just one bite will stoopify you and you will be able to taste the I.Q. points melt away! Jalapeño salsa with a healthy dose of pepper extract, definitely makes this a salsa not for a weak palate. Its like mace for your mouth! Experienced Chileheads ONLY! Heat Level 10!
- Roasted Garlic Salsa: Formulated from CaJohn's original base recipe of awarded salsa. Using their unique cooking process this salsa maintains a fresh flavor. This salsa are great for enhancing the flavor of your pasta sauce, served with bruschetta and of course they are great with chips as well.