La Champagne is a region of timeless natural beauty. The name derives from the Latin 'campus', 'campania', or field. In Old French this became 'Champaign'. Today, it's Champagne. From the very outset, the wines of Champagne were prized above all the vineyards of Europe. Over 24 million bottles are sold in the U.S. every year. Here are a few cheeses we enjoy with champagne:
Champagne not included.
- Chevre by Vermont Butter and Cheese: A high quality spreadable goat cheese from Vermont. Distinguished by a simple, mild, fresh goat's milk flavor, the cheese is highly versatile. (3 oz)
- Kerrygold Irish Cheddar: This connoisseur's cheddar, notable for its rich, rounded flavor and firm, smooth body, deserves a place on the cheese board alongside your choice of the world's other great cheeses. (8 oz)
- Camembert: The most famous cheese from Normandy, it has a white mold rind and a rich, creamy interior that pairs delightfully with fine Champagne. (8 oz)
- Pave d'Affinois: Pave d'Affinois is a simple, white-rinded cheese with a pleasing finish. Made in small, 5.3-ounce squares that are individually wrapped, this cheese is reminiscent of a Brie or a Camembert. (5.5 oz)
- Carr's Water Crackers: Perfect for serving with cheeses, fruit, and spreads when entertaining. (2.2 oz)
- igourmet.com Signature Cheese Serving Knife: Specifically crafted for us at igourmet.com, this multi-function cheese knife is the perfect tool to easily slice uniform servings of your favorite cheeses.
- Gift Presentation: Packed in our signature chocolate colored gift box, finished with an elegant matching bow.
Please note that any item temporarily out of stock will be substituted with a similar item of equal value.