Great cheese starts with great milk. At 5 Spoke Creamery (based in Port Chester, N.Y) all of their cheeses are hand made in the farmstead tradition (produced on site with a closed herd) from the raw milk of grass-fed cows. Their milk comes from Holstein cows that are free of pesticides and hormones. Raw milk from a grass-fed cow has a depth of flavor - or terroir - that cannot be duplicated.
Available in three varieties - each sold separately:
5 Spoke Creamery's raw milk cheeses offer numerous health benefits. Their raw milk cheeses, all aged a minimum of 60 days, promote easier digestion and better calcium absorption, contribute to a stronger immune system, aid in combating allergies, are high in conjugated linoleic acid (the most potent cancer fighter), and contain a perfect balance of omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids.
- Redmond Cheddar:
Redmond Cheddar is reminiscent of traditional English Cheddar. The taste and smooth texture of this cheese is evocative of what you would expect to find at farmerís markets.
- Herbal Jack: A creamy and crumbly answer to English Cotswold. Made with a local mix of garlic and chives, Herbal Jackís delicately tangy, bright spring flavors set it apart from other cheddars.
- Welsh Cheddar (Caerphilly): Welsh Cheddar is their youngest cheese, aged approximately 3 months. The combination of spring milk and short aging time result in a creamy, mild, buttery cheese.
- Made from unpasteurized cow's milk.
- Suitable for Vegetarians.
- Photo depicts whole 7 ounce form of cheese.
- Varieties Sold Separately.
- Certified Kosher Dairy by Tablet K.