When it comes to a food lover, there’s always a thrill in finding something rare, special, or remarkable in the world of gourmet foods. With this extravagant gift trunk, we've picked out some of our favorite, knock-your-socks-off cheeses, cured meats, oils and accouterments. This gift trunk includes:
Please note that any item temporarily out of stock will be substituted with a similar item of equal or greater value.
- Alfonso Priorelli DOP Umbria Colli del Trasimeno EVOO in TinThis is an exceptional quality DOP olive oil from an Umbrian Estate which includes olive trees from the 18th centhury. (8.45 fl. oz.)
- La Guinette by Mademoiselle de Margaux (9 Piece): "La Guinette", cherries soaked in Armagnac and enrobed in dark chocolate, were a Sofi Silver Finalist for the Outstanding Gift Award. (3.9 oz)
- Trufa Seca Salami by Charlitos Cocina: This deliciously sensual incarnation of cured goodness will surely arouse your senses. Seasoned with black truffles and mineral rich sea salt, Trufa Seca is a striking example of how a few excellent ingredients can produce a world unto itself of complexity. Made with pasture raised, heritage breed pork. (6 oz)
- Jamon Iberico by Fermin: Popularly known as the Pata Negra or Black Hoof, the Iberico roots for wild herbs, fallen acorns, and edible roots. The resulting meat is swirled with high levels of flavorful natural fats, for which this pig has gained notoriety. (2 oz)
- Salami Barolo by Creminelli: There are a lot of famous wines from Italy, but none of them are as respected as the Piedmont's most famous red: Barolo. The richness of the Barolo lingers in this already robustly flavored artisan salami creating a truly complex, bursting flavor that is difficult to replicate and impossible to forget. (7 oz)
- Bayley Hazen Blue by Jasper Hill Farm: The paste of a Bayley Hazen is drier than most blues and the penicillium roqueforti takes a back seat to an array of flavors that hint at nuts and grasses and in the odd batch, licorice. Though drier and crumblier than most blues, its texture reminds one of chocolate and butter. (7.5 oz)
- Caciottona Capra al Fieno by Perenzin: The outside of this Italian goat’s milk cheese is coated with fresh hay grown near the cheese factory, giving the cheese a delicious grassy scent and unique sweet aroma. (7.5 oz)
- Friend in Cheeses Jam: Using the best Santa Cruz has to offer, these jams are perfect to serve alongside a cheese platter, to spread on bread with a grilled cheese or Panini, or to make an exceptional bread-and-butter pudding. (8 oz)
- Abbaye de Belloc: This unpasteurized sheep's milk French Basque cheese has a fine, closed texture and is is rich with butter-fat. The lingering flavor, like caramelized brown sugar, is the result of six months of maturation. (7.5 oz)
- Mousse Royale au Sauternes: This is a delectable mousse of goose liver, pork, and mushrooms flavored with the right spices and delicately sweetened with Sauternes wine. A perfect combination! (8 oz)
- Carmody by Bellwether Farms: Cheesemaker Liam Callahan began working on this California cheese by using a pecorino recipe as a starting point and making changes in response to the flavors and texture of the cheese from his farm’s cows. Carmody is meant to highlight the buttery flavors of Jersey milk. (7.5 oz)
- Raincoast Crisps: Try these crisps on their own or enhanced with soft cheeses such as chèvre, brie or triple crème. (6 oz)
- Beer Flats Crackers: To celebrate that tradition and the rebirth of craft beer making, come Beer Flats – artisanal flatbread crackers made with craft beer and whole grains. (5.5 oz)
- Mini Toasts: Perfect for elegant canapés and delicious snacks, you will love these little toasts from Holland. (2.75 oz)
- Burn Sugar and Fennel Shortbread: If ever there was a gourmet cookie, this is the one. We simply love them. (6.7 oz)
- igourmet Logo Eco-Cooler: All items come packed in a reusable eco-cooler.
- Black and Brown Wood Trunk: After the food is gone, your recipient will still have this gorgeous, sturdy trunk to use as a functional accent piece.
- Gift Presentation: Hand assembled in a wooden trunk, finished with an elegant dark brown ribbon.