Great goat cheeses capture the essence of native pastures and exhibit fresh flavors such as herbs or pine. Their ease of digestion is another reason its popularity of goat cheese. For many, goat cheese remains misunderstood. It is our goal to bring goat cheese to the masses.
Our Great Goat Cheese Assortment includes a selection of cheeses from four distinct countries:
Please note that any item temporarily out of stock will be substituted with a similar item of equal or greater value.
- Ibores (Spain): A flavorful Spanish raw goat's milk cheese that is hard and dense and becomes sharper with age. During its two-month aging period, the rustic cheese is rubbed with a mixture of olive oil and sweet paprika. (8.oz)
- Buche de Chevre (France): This wonderful goat's milk cheese from Poitou in the Loire Valley is aged for two months, during which time it develops a hard, edible crust complete with a bloomy white mold coating. It is sharp and tangy near the rind and gets progressively richer and creamier toward the center. (8 oz)
- Dorothea (Holland): A goat's milk cheese that is made with potato skins and basil oil. The potatoes lend the cheese a uniquely earthy flavor that complements the tang of the goat's milk beautifully. (8 oz)
- Goat Cheddar (USA): Sharp and smooth, this cheddar is aged a minimum of one year, giving it a complex, nutty flavor, with a subtle undertone of classic goat's milk flavor. (8 oz)
- igourmet.com Signature Cheese Serving Knife: Specifically crafted for us at igourmet.com, this multi-
function cheese knife is the perfect tool to easily slice uniform servings of your favorite cheeses.
- Mini Toasts: Perfect for elegant canapés and delicious snacks, you will love these little toasts from Holland. (2.75 oz)
- Gift Presentation: Packed in our signature chocolate-colored gift box and tied with an elegant matching ribbon.