Beer and cheese? This tradition is being resurrected here in the U.S., at microbreweries and dairies across the country. Some of the classic combinations are simply divine, whilst contemporary pairing of new world beers and cheeses is yielding exciting results.Ah, the wonderful world of India Pale Ale! Transcending its humble origins of the late 1700's, IPA has become a juggernaut, encompassing a variety of styles and produced worldwide. There are several domestic producers (Harpoon and Dogfish amongst them) that are widely available, as well as Fuller's IPA from England. Regardless of origin, we found all of these begged for robust and subtly spicy cheeses, and paired very well with the following selections.
Beer not included.
- Wexford Mature Cheddar: This Irish Cheddar from Wexford brings together the finest milk along with expert aging techniques. The company's heritage of cheese making and its time tested recipe produces a cheddar of unmistakable quality and character. (8 oz)
- Chimay Grand Classique: Chimay Grand Classique is semi-soft with a natural rind. All-natural, this cheese is made without preservatives. It is well known in Europe for its slightly flowery qualities. (8 oz)
- Provolone Piccante is aged over 9 months and made from cow's milk. It is sharp and spicy with a smooth finish -incredibly popular with the "hop-head" IPA lovers amongst us! (8 oz)
- Carr's Water Crackers: Perfect for serving with cheeses, fruit, and spreads when entertaining. (2.2 oz)
- igourmet.com Signature Cheese Serving Knife: Specifically crafted for us at igourmet.com, this multi-function cheese knife is the perfect tool to easily slice uniform servings of your favorite cheeses.
- Gift Presentation: Hand assembled in a sturdy dark brown gift box, finished with a matching elegant ribbon.
Please note that any item temporarily out of stock will be substituted with a similar item of equal value.