From Tuscany to Sicily, Italy has a food-oriented culture. From its al dente pastas, to its extra virgin olive oils, to its fine gourmet cheeses, Italy can't be beat for its culinary diversity and excellence. Our Italian Gift Basket brings home a sampling of this great nation's most exquisite foods. Items included are:
Please note that any item temporarily out of stock will be substituted with a similar item of equal value.
- Provolone Piccante: Sharp! We love this Piccante version, which is rarely available in the US and much more interesting than the mild Provolone most Americans have come to know. (7.5 oz)
- Mountain Gorgonzola: The authentic Gorgonzola, imported from the Lombardy region. Delicious served the Italian way (drizzled with honey), it is a real treat for connoisseurs. (7.5 oz)
- Pecorino Toscano: A truly wonderful sheeps' milk cheese from Tuscany. (7.5 oz)
- Italian Tuna Loin by Callipo: Premium tuna from Calabria by one of Italy's most respected brands. (2.8 oz)
- Grissini (breadsticks): Ideal served with all kinds of Italian cheeses, salamis and hams, Grissini are traditionally served before the meal with the antipasto. (5 oz)
- Prosciutto by Principe: This is our favorite brand of San Daniele prosciutto, imported directly from Italy. A must have for any traditional antipasto or charcuterie course. (1 oz)
- Olive Tapenades by Conserve Della Nonna: Olives are crushed and puréed until smooth, leaving it with a clean, pure, fruity flavor. Ideal as a spread on gourmet bread, with vegetables, fish and meat or used as an ingredient in pasta sauce and salad dressings. (6.7 oz)
- Italian Biscotti: Traditional Tuscan cookies made by Corsini since 1921. (7 oz)
- Gift Presentation: Hand assembled in an environmentally friendly oval basket made from renewable bamboo, finished with an elegant dark brown ribbon.