Sardo is a hard, skimmed-milk cheese made in the Sardinian style. While this Lithuanian cow's milk cheese (called suris in Lithuania) borrows its name from a Sardinian sheep's milk cheese, it has truly made a name for itself. The Republic of Lithuania is in Eastern Europe and is bordered by the Baltic Sea, Latvia, Belarus, Poland, and Russia (Kaliningrad). Milk products have been popular since ancient times in Lithuania. Its firm texture and sharp, salty flavor make it ideal for use as a grating cheese. Aged for 12 months, a dose of Lithuanian Sardo enhances any pasta dish, adds flavor to a hearty soup, or livens up your favorite medley of steamed vegetables. This cheese is a must try for fans of Fiore Sardo or Argentinean Sardo.
- Made from pasteurized cow's milk.
- Photo depicts whole 9 lb. form of cheese.
- Suitable for Vegetarians.
- We cut and wrap this item by the 1/2 pound.
- Please contact us if you would like to purchase the whole form.