A rustic, farmhouse cheese from the Piedmont, Lou Bergier Pichin is an exciting new addition to our Italian cheese offerings. This 60-day aged raw milk Toma is produced with thistle flower, rather than traditional rennet. The name – literally small mountain shepherd in Occitan – pays tribute to Nonno Magno, Mario Fiandino's grandfather. The cheese has a delicate aroma with a full flavored creaminess. Beneath the leathery rind you'll taste a refreshing and delicious cheese with the flavor of the local countryside. This raw milk beauty should be served simply, with good bread and perhaps a nice buttery white wine.
- Made from unpasteurized cow's milk.
- Suitable for Vegetarians.
- Photo depicts whole 5 lb. form of cheese.
- We cut and wrap this item by the 1/2 pound.
- Please contact us if you would like to purchase the whole form.