Authenticity, history, tradition. Those three words define Mary Ann Esposito and the signature cooking style that has made her one of America's most loved television chefs. For Mary Ann, host of the cooking show Ciao Italia on PBS, the art of Italian cooking is a way of life. As a little girl growing up in Depew, New York, she watched her two Italian grandmothers create wonderful Italian dishes. Both nonnas, one Sicilian and one Neapolitan, were Italian natives and professional cooks. This upbringing instilled in Mary Ann a deep appreciation for Italian food and culture. Working with igourmet.com, Mary Ann Esposito designed this delicious Italian pasta basket, perfect for any Italian food lover! For more information on Mary Ann and her show, please visit www.CiaoItalia.com
This gift basket includes:
Please note that any item temporarily out of stock will be substituted with a similar item of equal value.
- Parmigiano Reggiano: This exceptional cheese is our best-selling cheese and a staple of every Italian household. We love this 22 month cheese grated over pasta, soups, salads, or just drizzled with balsamic and served as a starter. (8 oz)
- Pepato: An aged, hard pecorino combined with whole black peppercorns, Pepato is matured to perfection. Like many of the world's classic cheeses, Pepato originated as a staple of the peasant's diet. (8 oz)
- Pici Pasta Nests: Imported from Italy, this large and impressive pack features homey-looking bundles of dried pasta. Made of durum wheat semolina and water, the pici pasta nests are slow-dried at low temperatures to allow its ingredients to remain unaltered and to conserve their original flavor. (1.1 lb)
- Potato Gnocchi: Made in Italy, now you can finally experience what true Italian Gnocchi tastes like. Lightly seasoned and salted, they have a wonderful flavor and texture. (1.1 lb)
- Old Fashioned Tomato Sauce: Ready to serve, this is a typical Mediterranean sauce made with fresh tomatoes and the best quality of basil from Liguria. La Favorita takes the inspiration for their products from ancient recipes of common country homes from Piedmont and Liguria, packaging them for the entire world to enjoy a true taste of Italy.(14.1 oz)
- Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil: 150 years of tradition and expertise goes into every bottle of Filippo Berio Olive Oil. Rich and flavorful, Filippo Berio EVOO is the best olive oil for salad dressings, marinades, and dipping bread. (16.9 fl oz)
- Sicilian Sea Salt: This completely natural Sicilian Sea Salt is collected from the warm waters of the sunny Mediterranean. This finest quality Sicilian sea salt is 100% pure, with no additives or preservatives. (26.5 oz)
- Gift Presentation: Hand assembled in a high-strength stainless steel colander, finished with an elegant dark brown ribbon.