A nod to Rogue Creamery’s Italian heritage, Oregonzola blue cheese was developed by Ignazio Vella in the late 1990’s. The smooth and yielding texture of the paste and clearly defined blue veins are reminiscent of the great Gorgonzola but the bouquet of fruit, sweet cream and tangy flavors set it apart as an American original.
From The Rogue Creamery's inauspicious beginnings in 1935 has come one of the finest artisan cheese operations in the world today. In 2002, Ig (Ignazio "Ig" Vella, affectionately known as the Godfather of artisan cheese) hand selected Cary Bryant and David Gremmels as the new owners of what is now known as The Rogue Creamery. Of utmost importance was to carry on the tradition of hand-milled cheese. Bryant and Gremmels hit the ground running. Within a year, they were producing award-winning cheeses.
- Made from Certified Sustainable Raw Cow’s Milk.
- Photo depicts whole 5 lb. form of cheese.
- Gluten Free.
- Suitable for Vegetarians.
- We cut and wrap this item by hand.
- Please contact us if you would like to purchase the whole form.