Rachel, a rustic, raw milk goat's cheese is a rare gem that comes to us in darling, pebbly-rinded wheels from White Lake Cheese at Bagborough Farm in Somerset, England. This cheese is made in a classic "colander shape" and is washed with brine during aging. Beneath its speckled rind, dusted with a bit of character-inducing white mold, is a gorgeous, cheese that offers a savory, slightly sweet flavor. The cheese maker, White Lake's Pete Humphries, says that "Rachel was named after a friend of mine - like the cheese she is sweet, curvy and slightly nutty". Well, shouldn't we all like to be memorialized as such! Pair this farmhouse cheese with Pinot Noir, pale ales, or cider.
Gold Medal Winner for Best Goat's Cheese at the 2007 British Cheese Awards
- Made from unpasteurized goat's milk.
- Suitable for vegetarians.
- Photo depicts whole 4 lb. form of cheese.
- We cut and wrap this item by hand.
- Please contact us if you would like to purchase the whole form.