The Brooklyn Salsa Company was born in the early spring of 2008 when founders Rob and Matt decided to do battle with the stale flavors of American condiments. They redesigned their loft kitchen, cooked up a storm, got on their bikes and delivered homemade, organic tacos with just five options - Manhattan, Staten Island, Queens, The Bronx, or Brooklyn.
With a clear vision of the future, as much revolution as modern, sustainable practice, BK Salsa is moving day by day towards epic change. They currently build BKSauces from as many Direct Trade, Local, Organic ingredients as they can get our hands on and as they grow up, their promise is to constantly be upgrading, giving back, pushing boundaries and exposing the voices and new methods they believe in.
By meticulously selecting ingredients based on the climate and soil they're grown in, the people that grow them, and the explosive flavor of each tomato, pepper, onion, lime, pineapple, and stalk of cilantro used, Brooklyn Salsa can assure you that there isn't a better sauce for your face, or your planet. To begin, they've teamed with urban gardeners across the city to create more green space inside the concrete jungle. They're targeting rooftops (The future of NYC's clean air and blue skies, maybe even the acres they need to grow ingredients for future jars of BK Salsa), compostable landfills, empty lots, backyards, cement parks and the roughly kept streets of NYC. For the tropical ingredients like Coconuts BK Salsa needs from our friends down South, they're developing cooperative farmland in places that could use a helping hand.
- The Green: The Green is a mild heirloom tomatillo verde blended with cumin seeds, mango and raw ginger. This hybrid can be used for a more original pizza, pasta, or ceviche.
- The Hot: This flavor is the paradigm salsa of The Brooklyn Salsa Company. The Hot fuses an extreme line-up of Heirloom Tomatoes, Mango and burnt Red Peppers together with electric hot Chilis and Key Lime juice at the finish.
- The Pure: This variety comes from the streets of NYC via Mexico City. This fresh blend of heirloom tomatoes, mango and jalapeno is the sauce for quesos, nachos, burritos and beverages.
- The Tropical: The Tropical is bursting with sweet oranges, heirloom tomatoes, coconut milk, and savory chilis. The perfect sauce for brunch plates, beans and rice, or straight from the jar with everything else!
- The Curry: The Curry is a charred red pepper and eggplant curry Salsa. We're talkin brown bag sandwiches, thick burgers, veggies, rice dishes and falafel.