Finland, Sweden, Norway, Denmark and Iceland are the stunning countries that make up Scandinavia. They are linked by distinct, yet related cultures. The pureness of their air, water and land translates into very clean milk, which leads to high quality cheeses. We have chosen a selection of cheeses from these countries (with the exception of Iceland) to take you on a cheese tour of Scandinavia.
- Gjetost: Pronounced YAY-toast, this caramel-flavored cheese comes from a blend of cow and goat's milk. Tasting of fleur de sel caramels, Gjetost has a slightly goaty finish. Packed with energy, Norwegian hikers always pack along a block of Gjetost before venturing too far away from home. (7.5 oz)
- Finlandia Swiss: Finland's best-selling, rich and characteristically nutty cow's milk Swiss. Made from the EU's healthiest milk (IDF, 1995) taken from dairy cows grazing in Finland's pure and clean Northern environment, it's no wonder that Finlandia Swiss is the market leader in the U.S.A. (7.5 oz)
- Vädenost: Also called Herrgardost, this cheese has been produced since the 18th century and has a full-bodied, slightly grassy flavor. This medium-firm cow's milk cheese is perfect for slicing as a table cheese. (7.5 oz)
- Danish Crumbly Blue: Made from cow's milk, it is a white cheese with a delicate network of blue-green veins. Denmark's rich, green grazing pastures and fertile soil contribute to the fine, consistent quality of this world famous product. (7.5 oz)
- Kavli All Natural Whole Grain Crispbread: Traditional Kavli hearty, thick Crispbread is baked to the original recipe, using only pure, natural ingredients. Containing only 35 calories per slice, it makes a delicious alternative to bread, crackers, and snack foods. Serve as a complement to soups and salads, or simply as a crispy base with cheese, cold cuts, dips, or spreads. (6.25 oz)
Please note that any item temporarily out of stock will be substituted with a similar item of equal value.