This fabulous raw sheep's milk cheese comes from Berkshire, England near the town of Reading. Spenwood is named after the village Spencer's Wood, where Anne & Andy Wigmore make this cheese. Spenwood is a farmhouse hard pressed cheese aged for three months and made with vegetarian rennet. Anne and Andy source their milk from three herds of neighboring Dorset Friesland ewes, where Anne puts her exceptional skills at cheese making to work-a skill she honed at the School of Dairy Science at Reading University. This hard cheese is slightly flaky and creamy in the mouth, releasing a sweet caramel flavor. Spenwood has a natural rind and a rich, nutty flavor with a tangy finish. This is a must try for any sheep's milk cheese lover or for that matter, any cheese lover!
- Made from unpasteurized sheep's milk.
- Suitable for Vegetarians.
- Photo depicts whole 4 lb. form of cheese.
- We cut and wrap this item by hand.
- Please contact us if you would like to purchase the whole form.