Kusmi was first created in 1867 in St Petersburg, Russia by Pavel Michailovitch Kousmichoff, one of the greatest ancient tea purveyors. His company, Kusmi Tea, provided teas to the Tzars until the Russian Revolution. Re-established in Paris in 1920, Kusmi is the only remaining genuine Russian tea company, and carries on as in former times, providing great teas to people with discerning tastes. Long famous for its delicate blends, they are the only firm offering authentic original Russian blends from the Nineteenth century. All the scents for the teas come from Grasse - the famous French flower center.