Lucini Italia was determined to produce the very best sauces. To start they undertook a culinary journey through the Italian countryside in search of quintessential regional recipes. What they discovered was an uncompromising reliance on high-quality yet simple, fresh ingredients. Based on this same philosophy, Lucini sauces are carefully prepared using fresh Italian tomatoes, vine-ripened for peak flavor, fresh garden herbs and the finest freshly grated cheeses. Lucini Italia does not add sugar, synthetic cheese, dehydrated herbs or milk, or anything artificial. To prepare, stir sauce over low heat, taking care not to boil. Add pasta, cooked al dente, to sauce and toss until fully coated.
Available in the following varieties:
Varieties sold separately.
- Rustic Tomato Basil: Regional Tuscan recipe that begins with fresh plum tomatoes and fresh summer basil. Toss with capellini pasta and pair with a Pinot Noir wine.
- Spicy Tuscan Tomato: Very fiery Arrabbiata recipe begins with fresh plum tomatoes and red hot chili peppers. Toss with penne rigate pasta and pair with a Chianti wine.
- Rustic Tomato Vodka: Northern Italian recipe balancing the richness of two types of cheese and cream with fresh tomato, and a touch of vodka. Toss with farfalle pasta and pair with a Nebbiolo wine.
- Tuscan Marinara with Roasted Garlic: Central Italian recipe with the robust sweetness of roasted garlic. Toss with spaghetti pasta and pair with an earthy Primitivo wine.
- Hearty Artichoke: This regional Puglian recipe from Italy's southern coast begins with fresh plum tomatoes and fresh artichokes. Traditionally served with farfalle or conchiglie rigate pasta and enjoyed with a young San Giovese wine.
- Sicilian Olive and Caper: This southern Italian Puttanesca recipe begins with fresh plum tomatoes, green and black olives and wild capers. Traditionally served with pennette rigate or rigatoni pasta and enjoyed with a full-bodied Merlot wine.