Succulent, nutty and creamy, this semi-hard, organic cheese is redolent of buttercups and summer meadows. It is made by placing the curd in cloth lined baskets, it retains the basket shape and has a soft light caramel color. Wyfe of Bath takes its name from Chaucer’s Canterbury Tales and, like the tale, when you cut into a Wyfe of Bath you will get a taste old England. Park Farm in Kelston, England is home to an array of award-winning organic cheeses, including the famous Bath Soft Cheese and Wyfe of Bath Cheese. At Park Farm, the family has been happily milking a herd of cows for three generations. A few years ago they thought they would try making cheese. The cheese is made in the same buildings in which the owner's grandmother made her cheddar. The cows are just a few hundred yards away, where they produce the exceptional milk for this organic, Gouda-style cheese.
- Made from organic pasteurized cow's milk.
- Suitable for vegetarians.
- Photo depicts whole 4.4 lb. form of cheese.
- We cut and wrap this item by the 1/2 pound.
- Please contact us if you would like to purchase the whole form.