Along with their conquering armies, the Romans brought their cheese making expertise to England in the first century AD. But it was not until the sixteenth century when the cheese we know today as cheddar was so named. With such a long history, it's no surprise that cheddar is one of the world's favorite foods. So popular in fact, that almost every cheese-producing nation makes its own version. This gift assortment contains excellent examples from three continents:
- Collier's Cheddar: Collier's is made to one recipe, matured, and packed in Denbighshire. Throughout the 16 month maturation period, the cheese undergoes a thorough and highly demanding grading regime, which results in amazing consistency throughout the year.(7.5 oz)
- Grafton Classic Reserve Cheddar: Grafton Classic Cheddar is an outstanding mature cheddar cheese selected for its pronounced flavor and smooth finish. This two year aged cheese is excellent when accompanied with dried fruits and nuts, crusty breads, and big wines. (7.5 oz)
- Great Ocean Road Cheddar: This sharp white cheddar hails from Australia, where it is made from pure milk taken from cows that graze on lush pastures swept by winds from the Southern Ocean. (7.5 oz)
- Red Leaf Cheddar: This entrant from North America has a firm texture and a sweet, honeyed flavor. Best enjoyed with ale and fruit, this cheddar is aged for over 12 months. (7.5 oz)
- igourmet.com Signature Cheese Serving Knife: Specifically crafted for us at igourmet.com, this multi-function cheese knife is the perfect tool to easily slice uniform servings of your favorite cheeses.
- Mini Toasts: Perfect for serving with cheeses, fruit, and spreads when entertaining. (2.75 oz)
- Gift Presentation: Hand assembled in our signature chocolate colored gift box, finished with an elegant matching ribbon.
Please note that any item temporarily out of stock will be substituted with a similar item of equal value.