Around 1600, during the height of the sugar trade, it was discovered that sugar could be used to preserve fruit. Sometime before 1730, the first jam was made, and it was around this time that a method of canning similar to the current technique was first used to further extend the shelf life of precious fruits and vegetables.
This gift contains a sampling of delicious fruit preserves made in small batches, using traditional recipes. The perfect gift for jam lovers everywhere.
- Bavarian Blueberry Jam: Imported from Germany, this rich, fruity preserve is made using only natural ingredients. (12 oz)
- Chantaine Raspberry Jam: Imported from France, we only select jams like this one that are HFCS-free. (11.5 oz)
- Strawberry Preserves: Imported from England, any collection of imported preserves needs a pot of British strawberry jam. (16 oz)
- Peach Conserves: Imported from Italy and produced by Conserve Della Nonna of Modena. (15 oz)
- Mini Toasts: The perfect crackers for jam. (2.75 oz)
- Stainless Steel Spreader: A handy, premium quality tool for serving and spreading jam.
- Gift Presentation: Hand assembled on a wicker tray, finished with an elegant dark brown ribbon.
Please note that any item temporarily out of stock will be substituted with a similar item of equal value.