Empanadas are delicious hand pies that originated in the Iberian Peninsula. The recipes for empanadas were carried to the New World by Spanish and Portuguese sailors and are now a staple across Central and South America. Ours come from Coushatta, Louisiana, where one family has been perfecting these savory pastries for nearly 30 years. These 4 oz hand pies are the perfect size for a lunch or dinner entrée. Just fry or bake until they're lightly golden brown. Cooking instructions are included on each package. Each package contains 24 four-ounce frozen pies of one filling style. These empanadas are available in many delicious varieties!
Varieties Sold separately.
- Original: A beef and pork pie with moderately spicy seasonings.
- Spicy: The original beef and pork filling, with extra cayenne for that spicy kick!
- New Orleans Style Beef: All lean beef and moderately spicy.
- Chorizo, Egg, and Jalapeno: Chorizo seasoned ground pork with egg and jalapenos-a spicy morning wake up! A fantastic flavor with spice that hits the back of the mouth.
- Sausage, Egg, and Cheese: Mild sausage seasoned ground pork with egg and cheese-a great start to the morning or a late night snack.
- This product ships direct from the producer and will cost $20 for UPS 2nd Day shipping.
- Monday delivery is not possible. Wednesday through Friday deliveries only- excluding holidays.
- Please note that the "Create Your Own Gift Basket" option (item G151) is not available for this product.