A genuine cheese from the La Mancha region, this artisan Manchego originates on small Spanish hillsides where La Mancha sheep graze. The small-scale, artisan production of this Manchego by Dehesa de los Llanos yields an exquisite cheese that is hand-formed, wrapped, and salted over a 24 hour period. Dry cured for one year in an eighteenth-century cave, this Manchego has a robust flavor reminiscent of the Mancha countryside. Enjoy it as the locals do - served before the meal, topped with a spot of membrillo (Spanish quince paste). Also lovely when dipped in honey.
- Made from unpasteurized sheep's milk.
- Photo depicts whole 7 lb. form of cheese.
- We cut and wrap this item by the 1/2 pound.
- WORLD CHEESE AWARDS 2007: GOLD MEDAL
- WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP CHEESE CONTEST 2008: GOLD MEDAL
- WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP CHEESE CONTEST 2012: GOLD MEDAL
- Please contact us if you would like to purchase the whole form.