The only true Wensleydale cheese in the world comes from the milk drawn from cows that graze the sweet limestone pastures on farms in Upper Wensleydale, England. The cheese was first made there during the Norman invasion, when French monks from the Roquefort region were brought over to practice their cheese-making skills. The Wensleydale pastures give the cheese the unique, refreshing flavor for which it is renowned. The cheese is a fresh, young cheese taken at only three weeks old. It has a clean, mild, slightly sweet flavor with a honeyed aftertaste. The superb texture of fresh Wensleydale is perfectly complemented by the addition of all natural cranberries of the finest quality. Wensleydale with Cranberries is an innovative blend of flavors and a superb visual experience.
- Made from pasteurized cow's milk.
- Suitable for vegetarians.
- Photo depicts whole 2.8 lb. form of cheese.
- We cut and wrap this item by hand.
- Please contact us if you would like to purchase the whole form.