This extra-special delicacy from the Gruyere district of Switzerland is well-known as the basic ingredient in fondue. But with its delightfully nutty, spicy, full flavor, it is delicious as a table cheese as well. Upon eating Gruyere, one immediately recognizes the taste of whole milk that is used exclusively in making this grand cheese. We say it is grand because a whole wheel of Gruyere weighs about 80 pounds. In fact, it takes over 100 gallons of milk to make a single wheel of Gruyere! Enjoy this traditional favorite julienned into a chef's salad, melted on a hot open-faced sandwich, or, of course, in a classic cheese fondue.
- Won the Silver Medal in the World Cheese Awards.
- Made from unpasteurized cow's milk.
- Photo depicts whole 70 lb. form of cheese.
- We cut and wrap this item by the 1/2 pound.
- Please contact us if you would like to purchase the whole form.