Located in the lush pasturelands of Lancashire, this family dairy has been making cheese for over 70 years.
Blacksticks Blue is a new, soft, blue-veined cheese from Butlers Farmhouse Cheeses. Made solely with pasteurized milk from the family's cows, the cheese is matured for eight weeks, during which it develops an amber hue and, says Butlers, a smooth but tangy flavor. The name Blacksticks comes from a collection of tall chestnut trees on the Goosnargh-Chipping border, which is also the name given to the family's restaurant.
Former supreme champion winner, Butlers Farmhouse Cheeses, recently picked up three trophies and seven class firsts including Best Overall Cheese Dairy and Best Blue Cheese at the Nantwich International Cheese Show. Blacksticks Blue was also a 2004 NASFT Contest Finalist.
- Suitable for Vegetarians.
- Winner Best English Blue for Export - 2004 British Cheese Awards.
- Made from pasteurized cow's milk.
- Photo depicts whole 5.5 lb. form of cheese.
- We cut and wrap this item by hand.
- Please contact us if you would like to purchase the whole form.