A seasonal cheese, this limited-availability product is only produced in the summer. Beemster's world-famous milk becomes even more coveted during the last two weeks of March. The milk taken from the Beemster cows during this period is the creamiest milk of the year. This is the only milk used to create Graskaas, an exceptional Gouda-type cheese enrobed in a vibrant, green rind. During the limited "first grazing" period, enough milk is collected to craft just 2,000 wheels of Graskaas; only half of which are exported to the US. Made in the beginning of April and aged for one month, the recipe for Graskaas dates back to 1901.
- Made from pasteurized cow's milk.
- This item is only available seasonally.
- Photo depicts whole 28 lb. form of cheese.
- We cut and wrap this item by the pound.
- Please contact us if you would like to purchase the whole form.