When the word cheese is mentioned, most of us immediately think of France. We can't help it; it's a knee-jerk reaction. As excellent as are the hundreds of cheeses that originate from all corners of the globe, France is always the first country the comes to mind when discussing cheesemaking.
Our French Cheese Assortment captures a good bit of French cheese culture with the four cheeses listed below.
Please note that any item temporarily out of stock will be substituted with a similar item of equal value.
- Chevre by Couturier: This classic French goat cheese is quite fresh and spreadable. Formed in the shape of a log, enjoy this cheese on salads, as a snack, or with fruit for dessert. (4 oz)
- Camembert: This famous soft-ripened cheese from Normandie has a creamy interior beneath a fluffy (and edible) white rind. (8 oz)
- Abbaye de Belloc: We're happy to bring you this cheese from the Pays Basque region of Aquitaine (French Pyrenees). Its milk comes from red-nosed Manech ewes raised on farms adjacent to the Abbaye de Notre Dame de Belloc. (8 oz)
- Comté: Created by local villagers in alpine dairies called "Fruiteries", its milk comes only from Montbeliarde and Tachete de L'est cows. Each 70+ pound wheel of Comté is aged for at least six months, resulting in a sweet and nutty masterpiece. (8 oz)
- igourmet.com Signature Cheese Serving Knife: Specifically crafted for us at igourmet.com, this multi-function cheese knife is the perfect tool to easily slice uniform servings of your favorite cheeses.
- Mini Toasts: Perfect for serving with cheeses, fruit, and spreads when entertaining. (2.75 oz)
- Gift Presentation: Hand assembled in a chocolate-brown gift box, finished with an elegant matching ribbon.