New York Treasures in Black Gift Case
New York, both the high-paced city and pastoral upstate farmland, are known for their gourmet delights and cutting-edge culinary creations. This gift basket includes some of our favorite New York products, pulling from both farmstead cheese makers and crafty Brooklynite chefs-turned-entrepreneurs. This gift basket includes:
Please note that any item temporarily out of stock will be substituted with a similar item of equal value.
- Green Peppercorn Cone by Coach Farm: From the family that founded Coach leather goods, comes this exceptional chevre. Coated in a bloomy edible white rind, this cone-shaped goat cheese from Coach Farm is aged only for a few weeks--just long enough to develop a delicious creamy flavor. (4 oz)
- Browning Gold by 5 Spoke Creamery: Aged for 24 months on the 5 Spoke Creamery's farm in upstate New York, Browning Gold is a delight to eat. This cheese is buttery like a Lancashire with long, deep, mouth-filling flavors that are only possible from raw milk, then creamy like an English clothbound cheddar with a touch of sweetness at the end. (8 oz)
- Yancey's Fancy Cheddar with Finger Lakes Champagne: This cheese is a fusion of great New York State products. Rich, local milk is used to create Yancey's classic aged cheddar, combined with Finger Lakes Champagne, you get a wonderfully moist, dense cheddar with a hint of champagne in both flavor and scent. (7.6 oz)
- Organic Fair Trade Coffee: Roasted in New York by Dean's Beans this organic, single-origin coffee comes from the Atsabe village in East Timor. A medium roast, this coffee offers notes of chocolate with light acidity. Timor is located between Australia and Sulawesi, where it used to be controlled by Indonesia until a few decades ago. It was then that USAID grants helped to develop the rural economy and create coffee as a cash crop for local growing cooperatives (12 oz)
- NYC Deli Pickles by Brooklyn Brine: Brooklyn Brine steps up with large, crunchy organic Kirby cucumbers packed in apple cider vinegar with ample amounts of garlic, dill, coriander, and cumin. Guaranteed to hold their own against a pastrami sandwich. (24 oz)
- Brooklyn Preserves by the Jam Stand: The Jam Stand is Brooklyn’s happiest food company. It began in an apartment kitchen in Williamsburg when two best friends, Jessica Quon and Sabrina Valle, breathed life into an original concept; creating a food company that’s a true reflection of themselves and their community. Using fresh fruit sourced from local farms, the girl’s base it all on a belief that packaged food doesn’t have to mean processed food. (8 oz)
- Christopher Norman Chocolate Bar: Only the finest all-natural ingredients are used in their divine chocolates. Each piece is made by hand, at their New York City factory. (1.7 oz)
- Red Onion and Rosemary Z Crackers: Pam and Keith Pollack's award-winning Z crackers are handmade in New York City. They've got a cornmeal crunch and taste great with cheese, spreads or dips. (8 oz)
- Gift Presentation: Hand assembled in a sleek black leather case, finished with an elegant dark brown ribbon.