C.H.E.F. Lemon Grass Oil to sweat
Lump crabmeat, cleaned very well
Fresh parsley, chopped
Old Bay Seasoning
Saltine cracker crumbs
Salt, ground black pepper
Whole butter (to sauté)
C.H.E.F. Thai Citrus Dressing
1. Sweat the shallots in the C.H.E.F. Lemon grass oil. Cool and reserve.
2. Pick through the crabmeat to remove all shells.
3. Combine all the ingredients except for the crab meat and cracker crumbs. Fold the mayonnaise mixture into the crabmeat without shredding. Fold in the cracker crumbs and seasonings.
4. Portion into two-ounce crab cakes.
5. Sauté crab cakes in whole butter. Finish in 325º oven if necessary.
6. In separate pan warm C.H.E.F.’s Thai Citrus Dressing.
This recipe has been exclusively prepared for igourmet by Chef Andrew J. Selz CEC