1# Crumbled Berkshire Blue Cheese
½ loaf of French bread cut into ¼” cubes
½ cup diced leeks
2 cloves elephant garlic, minced
2 Tbsp melted butter
Porcini Powder, as needed
1 # Mixed Varieties Wild Mushrooms
¼ cup Olive Oil
1 Quart Milk
8 Eggs + 4 Egg Yolks
Porcini Oil as needed
Salt & Pepper to taste
*preheat the oven to 350°
1. Brush a glass 9x13 oven-proof baking dish with the melted butter.
2. Place the bread cubes in the dish to form an even layer.
3. Sprinkle porcini powder, porcini oil, salt & pepper over the bread cubes.
4. In a 2-quart saucepan, heat the milk until scalded.
5. Pour the scalded milk into the eggs stirring constantly.
6. Heat olive oil in a saute pan until a haze forms. Saute the leeks, garlic and mushrooms until limp. Add to the custard mix.
7. Pour the custard mushroom mix over the bread, sprinkle on the crumbled Berkshire Blue and cover with foil.
8. Bake @ 350° for 40 minutes.
9. Cool and cut for service.