1/2 medium sized yellow tomato, chopped
1/2 of a medium sized ripe, red tomato, chopped
1 cup of chopped cherry tomatoes
1/4 cup of finely chopped sweet onion
1 tablespoon of olive oil
1 tablespoon of white balsamic vinegar
1/4 teaspoon coarse salt (kosher or sea)
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
1 ounce dried porcini mushrooms
2 lbs. ground Wagyu beef
1/4 cup of fresh basil
1 teaspoon of snipped fresh thyme
1 1/2 teaspoon of kosher salt
1 teaspoon of freshly ground pepper
1 - 2 tablespoons of garlic olive oil
6 thick olive focaccia bread wedges
1/2 cup of shredded Asiago or mozzarella cheese
1. Place dried mushrooms in small bowl. Cover with boiling water, heated brandy, or hot beef broth. Let soak for 10 minutes. Drain, rinse well, and chop. Set aside.
2. Prepare Tomato Relish by stirring together all ingredients in a medium bowl. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
3. Combine chopped mushrooms, ground Wagyu beef, basil, thyme, salt, and pepper in a large bowl. Mix well. Shape into six patties about 3/4 inch thick. Brush patties with garlic oil.
4. Place patties on the lightly oiled rack of an uncovered grill over medium heat. Grill for 10 - 13 minutes or until and instant-read thermometer registers 145 degrees F. Turn burgers once halfway through grilling.
5. Place focaccia wedges on the grill rack. Grill for 1 - 2 minutes or until lightly toasted. Remove burgers and focaccia from grill. Place each burger on a wedge of focaccia. Sprinkle immediately with cheese. Spoon Tomato Relish on top. Serve piping hot.