While it is obvious that Italian cuisine calls for Italian cheeses, most Americans cook with uninspired domestic varieties when serving up Mexican cuisine. Simply put, Mexican foods look and taste better when prepared with authentic Mexican and Caribbean cheeses. All four of the cheeses represented in this assortment are produced domestically, yet adhere to traditional Mexican recipes and techniques. So grab a bottle of your favorite cerveza and enjoy - Buen Provecho!
All cheeses in this assortment are made in the USA using authentic Mexican recipes.
- Montasio Festivo: This fantastic goat cheese has been aged for between six months to a year, and has developed a decidedly firm texture. Bold and assertive with a nutty tinge, the depth of flavor in this cheese is remarkable. (7.5 oz)
- Queso Oaxaca: Inspired by the fabulous cheese from the beautiful Mexican state of Oaxaca, this has quickly developed a cult following in our tasting rooms here at igourmet. If you've never tasted Queso Oaxaca, think of it as a Mexican mozzarella. (8 oz)
- Anejo Enchilado: A firm, pressed cheese rolled in paprika. Not as strongly flavored as Cotija, it can be easily shredded or grated. It is commonly used as a topping or stuffing for enchiladas, burritos, and tacos. (7.5 oz)
- Cotija: Known as the "Parmesan of Mexico", this cheese is strongly flavored, firm, and perfect for grating. Cotija is commonly used to add a lively garnish to common dishes: simply sprinkle on top of refried beans, salads, quesadillas and enchiladas. (7.5 oz)
- Please note that any item temporarily out of stock will be substituted with a similar item of equal value.